Kerala Ayurvedic Treatment for Knee Pain
Gods Own Country Ayurvedic Resorts provide the best ayurvedic treatment for knee pain in Kerala. Having a decade of experience in treating knee pain and joint pain, at gods own country ayurvedic resorts , we analyze each individual followed by proper ayurvedic disease diagnosis and then the treatments are prescribed. We provide the best ayurvedic treatment for arthritis that is unique to each individual and their body type(dosha), identifying the underlying factors in the ailment.
As one of the largest and most complex joints in our body, the knee is prone to damage, particularly in runners, which can lead to knee pain. Knee pain can be aggravated by physical activity as well as obesity affected by the surrounding muscles and their movements and be triggered by other problems such as injury.
Knee pain or Joint pain can occur due to arthritis, osteo arthritis, inflammation of the cartilage and bone etc. Ayurveda consideres aggravation of Vata dosha is responsible for knee pain and joint pain. Ama (toxins) associated wit Vata quickly moves to different parts of the body and accumulates where circulation is slow such as the hands, knees and other bone joints, filling the blood vessels with a waxy material.
The Ayurvedic treatment for Knee pain or Joint Pain focused on removing the ama accumulated in the body and balancing the Vata Dosha.
Ayurvedic treatment for Knee Pain Includes :
- Janu Basti: Janu Basti is one of the most popular and effective ayurvedic therapies for knee pain. It is a pain relieving therapy conducted for knee pain. The treatment involves medicated oils which are poured in a particular part of the knee joint for certain period of time. It involves the use of wet flour of black gram.
- Virechan: A part of Panchakarma therapy, Virechan includes induced purgation. It starts with administration of medicated ghritams in increased doses. The Vitiated vatas are collected in the abdomen removed through anal route.
- Abhyanga: Abhyanga is a natural ayurvedic massage therapy that involves a full body massage with natural oils. The therapy helps relieve joints and muscle stiffness promoting body movements.
- Patra Pinda Sweda:Patra Pinda Sweda is sudation therapy prepared by the different combination of medicinal leaves which is heated with medicinal oil along with the medicinal herbs. The treatment helps in reducing the pain,stiffness and inflammation. It also helps in strengthening the muscle bones, nerves and tissues.
- Basti: An important part of panchakarma, basti included oil enemas or decoction enemas to remove unwanted toxins and vata dosha from the body.
- Upanaham: Upanaha is formentation therapy used for reducing pain and inflammation of joints. The therapy includes application of a specially prepared herbal cream on the painful site. The treatment causes relaxation of the muscles and tendon and relives pain and inflammation.
- Lepanam: In this treatment medicines along with some herbal liquids are mixed in the form of paste is applied to the affected parts of the body. Lepanam relieves aches, pain management etc.
The above mentioned treatment plan is the General treatment for knee pain in Kerala. However, Our doctor will have to check your past medical history and diagnose your present heallth condition, before finalizing right treatment plan for you.