Best Treatment for Psoriasis
Gods Own Country Ayurvedic Resort provide the best treatment for psoriasis in Kerala. Having a decade of experience in treating diseases like psoriasis, at gods own country ayurvedic resorts , we analyze each individual followed by proper ayurvedic disease diagnosis and then only the treatments are prescribed. We provide the best treatment for psoriasis that is unique to each individual and their body type(dosha), identifying the underlying factors in the ailment.
Ayurveda, the holistic form of treatment believes that every person has a distinct energy pattern made of three types of energies. These energies are known as doshas, and include:
- Vata Energy which controls bodily functions
- Pitta Energy which controls metabolic functions.
- Kapha Energy which controls growth in the body.
Ayurveda practitioners believe if your doshas are out of balance, you may feel stressed or become sick. The goal of Ayurveda is to keep your dosha balanced for optimal health.
Modern day Ayurveda practitioners have well -established protocols for psoriasis cure. Psoriasis is a common chronic skin disease which results in a scaly and an itchy patch formation on the skin. Psoriasis is not contagious.
Areas of the body that are affected by psoriasis are elbows, knees and scalp. Psoriasis is caused by new skin cells being produced faster than cells that die or are lost. This results in excess thickened skin.
Ayurvedic Psoriasis Treatments
Our ayurvedic treatment for psoriasis involves a total body cleansing technique that clear the scales from the uppermost skin but internally insulates our body from foreign impurities. Therefore, it can get rid of psoriasis permanently. It also avoids other blood impurity related diseases like psoriasis arthritis, debility and autoimmune problems.
The main Ayurveda treatment used to treat psoriasis is Panchakarma Treatment. Panchakarma treatments use plant - based remedies and dietary changes. These are meant to detox and purify the body. A vegetarian diet is often recommended.
The Panchakarma Treatments starts with pre-treatment procedures of internal oleation (also known as snehana) and then continues with external oleation ( also known as abhyanga)
- Snehapanam refers to consuming medicated oil. Type and volume are decided based on patient's constitution. Dosage and combinations are also based on individual's dosha constitution and the progression of the disease. Snehapanam has been observed to decrease scaling, itching and dryness of psoriasis.
- Abhyanga is a specialised oil massage as per ayurvedic theory; it helps to move toxins towards the intestines in order to encourage their removal from the body. It is also known to reduce dryness of the skin and to reduce the severity of scaling.
- Swedana is the next step in Panchakarma. This is done in parallel with snehana. Swedana helps in eliminating toxins collected in the process of massage.
- Vamana, the emesis therapy is the next step in panchakarma treatment. Herbal emetics induce vomiting which is essentially the elimination of toxins identified in the earlier stages.
- Virechana or Purgation therapy excretes toxins collected in the digestive area from the earlier oleation steps.